We first tried Linguine alla Cecca at the home of our dear friends Bruce and Diane in Buffalo, New York. Diane prepared the dish which is a variation of Nora Ephron’s recipe from Heartburn. It is a delicious raw tomato sauce and is perfect for a summer meal. It also makes for great leftovers!
- 5 large tomatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 garlic clove sliced in half
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp hot red pepper flakes
- Parmigiana Reggiano
- 1 pound linguine (or your favorite pasta)
- Drop the tomatoes in boiling water for one minute. Let cool then peel, core, seed, and chop.
- Combine the tomatoes with the oil, pepper flakes, basil, garlic and salt. Cover and let the mixture stand at room temperature for a few hours. Remove garlic.
- Boil pasta until al dente, drain and toss with tomato mixture
- Serve immediately with grated Parmigiana Reggiano.